Job Posting #: 20160422
Location: Toronto, ON
About Vive Crop Protection
Vive is creating new possibilities in crop protection. We are committed to developing products and technologies which increase farm efficiency & productivity, as well as reducing the environmental impact pesticide applications have on our world. We create new ways to use trusted products using our targeted AllosperseTM delivery system, which improves the targeting and performance of pesticide active ingredients. This helps farmers do more with less, reducing the burden that agricultural practices have on the environment, all while increasing crop quality and yields.
Our company was founded 10 years ago from the University of Toronto and has an innovative company culture. With products launching this year, the position will give the right candidate an early window on launching products in the agriculture industry.
Vive is hiring a Business Intern for the summer of 2016 to be a key part of the commercial business. The individual willsupport the growth of Vive’s corporate development and sales in the North American market and report to the CFO and VP, Corporate Development. Start and end dates are negotiable but the successful candidate will need to commit to at least 15 weeks of employment between May and September of 2016.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Developing business case templates for sales
- Organizing competitive product and company comparisons
- Assisting in utilizing field trial data to develop marketing collateral for product promotions
- Analysis of market sizing, forecasting, data gathering, and Excel analysis
- Assisting in preparation of grant documentation
- Assisting with M&A analysis
- Miscellaneous administrative support of the Commercial team as required
- Follows all applicable employment, health and safety legislation
- Demonstrates corporate values in the performance of the work and interactions with others
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary
Decision Making & Accountability
- Works under the direction of the immediate supervisor with the support of other senior staff
- Generally only makes decisions within clearly established procedures. Decisions beyond the scope of the role are generally validated or approved by senior staff member
- Business major program at a post-secondary institution, preferably with knowledge of agribusiness or agronomy
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions, excellent analytical thinking and effective project management skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, office programs and applicable software applications. Ability to learn new systems such as online based file-sharing and project management programs
- Personal attributes: sense of goal, self-motivation, pride in work, objectivity, cooperativeness, approachability, positive outlook, enthusiasm, and adaptability to changing business requirements
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment that is normally clean and comfortable. Some of the work is performed in an environment where exposures to physical, chemical and biological hazards exist under controlled conditions
- The position is based in Toronto, Canada
How to apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply before April 26, 2016. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Internship