Job Posting #: 20160330
Location: Toronto, ON
About Vive Crop Protection
At Vive, we are committed to developing products and technologies which increase farm efficiency & productivity, as well as reducing the environmental impact pesticide applications have on our world.We create new ways to use trusted products using our targeted AllosperseTM delivery system, which improves the targeting and performance of pesticide active ingredients. This helps farmers do more with less, reducing the burden that agricultural practices have on the environment, all while increasing crop quality and yields.
Our company was founded 10 years ago from the University of Toronto and has an innovative company culture. Our first products are launching this year, and this position will give the right candidate an early window on launching products in the agriculture industry.
We are hiring a Graphics Design Intern for the summer of 2016. The right candidate will be a key part of the Communications team and will help create, develop, and support a very wide range of marketing material used to communicate the benefits of Vive’s first products. Start and end dates are negotiable but the successful candidate will need to commit to at least 12 weeks of employment between April and September of 2016.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Creation of Powerpoint slides, infographics, schematics, and graphical elements necessary to communicate the benefits of Vive’s products.
- Development and implementation of new marketing concepts as part of Vive’s new products launching in 2017
- Supporting internal web developer resources with additional graphical elements.
- Creating templates for email marketing blasts to growers in the United States
- Development of Microsoft Office and Google Docs templates for letterheads, presentation templates, and crop protection labels.
- Work alongside other Communications team members to create new content for media & partner communications
- Miscellaneous administrative support of the Communications team as required.
- Follows all applicable employment, health and safety legislation.Demonstrates corporate values in the performance of the work and interactions with others.
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary.
Decision Making & Accountability
- Works under the direction of the immediate supervisor with the support of other senior staff.
- Generally only makes decisions within clearly established procedures. Decisions beyond the scope of the role are generally validated or approved by manager or more senior staff member.
- Communications or graphic design major at a post-secondary institution
- Digital and printed design experience
- Experience with communicating technical or scientific concepts necessary; please provide examples of previous technical / scientific communication in your application
- Excellent computer skills, including with presentation programs, office programs and applicable software applications. Ability to learn new systems such as online based file-sharing and project management programs.
- Personal attributes: sense of goal, self-motivation, pride in work, objectivity, cooperativeness, approachability, positive outlook, enthusiasm, and adaptability to changing business requirements.
- The majority of the work is performed in an environment that is normally clean and comfortable. Some of the work is performed in an environment where exposures to physical, chemical and biological hazards exist under controlled conditions.
- The position is based in Toronto, Canada.
How to apply: Send your resume, a cover letter, and 1-2 examples of relevant work from your portfolio to 2016GraphicsIntern@vivecrop.com. Please apply before April 8, 2016. We wish to thank all prospective applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.